CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 27, 2007

Let the fun begin...

Sorry it has been forever since I posted, but Joel and I have been so busy! We have had 3 showers so far and we are amazed at how blessed we are to have friends that love us so much. Our first shower was my lingerie shower a couple weeks ago. I got such cute and sassy stuff, along with some really awkward moments :) About 2 weeks ago we had a couples shower in Nashville given by Joel's brother and sister-in-law and some other really close friends. They did a shrimp boil with potatoes and corn and of course Frank's special homemade ice cream. We got some really great things along with a gas grill (which we survived putting it together...I tend to get a little, well VERY, bossy when it comes to instructions). This past weekend we had a home and garden shower given by some wonderful couples from church. We had a great turnout and lots of fun. I love to go sit in the guest room at the house and play in all of our new goodies!!

Well, Joel has finally started making the move to Huntsville. He brought a load down last weekend and he is bringing the rest on Thursday. I cannot believe that in 3 days he will be living here for good. We have never lived in the same city much less the same state, so it is going to be a huge adjustment for both of us (I even have to move back in with mama and daddy, since he is getting the house for the next 6 weeks). But I could not be happier.

Right now we ask that you keep Joel high on your prayer list. He is waiting to hear back from a job with Huntsville Utilities that would be such a great opportunity for him. Our prayer is that if this is not the job for him that God will open another door of opportunity for us.

Well, I guess that is about it for now. We will be headed to the lake this weekend for Labor Day. It will be our 1 year anniversary and where better to spend it than where we met!!

(Sorry no pictures, I lost my camera cord. I'll post as soon as I find it!!)

1 comments:

Cristin Claire said...

Great update on everything... can you believe you are getting married NEXT MONTH???? Where does the time go???

PS- you forgot to mention that your lingerie shower was your favorite shower ever!!!